[oslo] New driver for oslo.messaging

韩光宇 hanguangyu2 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 09:38:36 UTC 2022

Hi,

Wang and me are colleagues in a team.

I would like to ask, put aside the working process of NATS and look at
Rocketmq independently, if we want to do the work of adding
Rocketmq[1] drivers, is the community welcome?

We have already seen the oslo driver policy[2] in the documentation. I
also want to ask, if the community is willing to accept the Rocketmq
driver, whether we need to do other efforts besides the development
task itself. For example, I see that "Must have at least two
individuals from the community committed to triaging and fixing bugs,
and responding to test failures in a timely manner".

I want to ask:
(1)Is the current policy still
(2)Are there community members willing to take responsibility for
this, or is it okay if we commit to triaging and fixing bugs, and
responding to test failures in a timely manner by ourselves

Cheers,
Han

[1] https://github.com/apache/rocketmq
[2] https://docs.openstack.org/oslo.messaging/latest/contributor/supported-messaging-drivers.html