Unable to access Internet from an instance and accessing instance using floating-point IPs from external network

Tobias McNulty tobias at caktusgroup.com
Mon Nov 21 15:54:48 UTC 2022

Not sure if this helps, but I asked a similar question recently and found I
was launching instances in the wrong subnet:
https://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2022-November/031230.html

There were some other helpful potential fixes suggested in that thread as
well. If it's still not working, sharing some information about what
(local) network access the instances do have, if any, would be helpful.
Also, is cloud-init working?

Tobias