how to remove image with still used volumes

Eugen Block eblock at nde.ag
Tue Nov 15 10:45:30 UTC 2022

Hi,

> But then the problem is, as I wrote in the other mail, that either I
> cannot remove the original volume as it's a "root" volume and leave
> just the copy behind.

right, I forgot about the not removable root volume. Your workaround
seems valid though, copying the original volume to a new volume,
launch a new instance from the new volume and remove the old one. But
did you also try to set --image-property (not --property  as you wrote
before) to the fresh volume?