how to remove image with still used volumes

Christoph Anton Mitterer calestyo at scientia.org
Mon Nov 14 19:49:28 UTC 2022

Hey Eugen.

> Basically, it's about flattening images.
> For example, there are multiple VMs based on the same
> image which are copy-on-write clones. We back up the most
> important VMs with 'rbd export' so they become "flat" in
> the backup store.

Well that's effectively what I did, when I copied to a bare volume and
tried booting from that.

But then the problem is, as I wrote in the other mail, that either I
cannot remove the original volume as it's a "root" volume and leave
just the copy behind.
Or, if I create a fresh server, I cannot make it boot with UEFI, for
unknown reasons.

Thanks,
Chris.