[Kolla][kolla-ansible][HAProxy] Splitting the load balancer into internal and external?

Michal Arbet michal.arbet at ultimum.io
Mon Nov 14 08:31:36 UTC 2022

Hi,

For mysql you can use proxysql as a separate loadbalancer.
But I don't understand your other questions... Does it mean that you want
to run haproxy for some service (for example mariadb ..if proxysql is not
used) in a mariadb container ? Or have a separate haproxy_mariadb container
to do this ?
If yes , both are bad ideas.

First option contradicts the idea of "one process per container".
The Second option will just run multiple instances of haproxy containers.

Could you please explain in detail ?

Thanks,
kevko
Michal Arbet
Openstack Engineer

Ultimum Technologies a.s.
Na Poříčí 1047/26, 11000 Praha 1
Czech Republic

+420 604 228 897
michal.arbet at ultimum.io
*https://ultimum.io <https://ultimum.io/>*

LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/company/ultimum-technologies> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/ultimumtech> | Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/ultimumtechnologies/timeline>

pá 11. 11. 2022 v 15:41 odesílatel Mariusz Karpiarz <