[Kolla][kolla-ansible][HAProxy] Splitting the load balancer into internal and external?

Mariusz Karpiarz m.karpiarz at eschercloud.ai
Thu Nov 10 14:01:11 UTC 2022

All,

Was the idea of moving internal components deployed by kolla-ansible (like the MySQL database) to a load balancer separate to the one used by user-facing APIs discussed anywhere? This feels like a good option to have for security but, as far as I'm aware, it's not supported by kolla-ansible.

It should be possible to use existing Kolla HAProxy images, but mount config files from subdirectories of `/etc/kolla/haproxy/` for each container. I suspect the main hurtle here would be rewriting the user interface of kolla-ansible to account for the split whilst maintaining backward compatibility...

Mariusz Karpiarz