[all][tc] What's happening in Technical Committee: summary 2022 Nov 04: Reading: 5 min

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Sat Nov 5 00:37:26 UTC 2022

Hello Everyone,

Here is this week's summary of the Technical Committee activities.

1. TC Meetings:
============

* We had this week's video meeting on Nov 03. Most of the meeting discussions are summarized
in this email. Meeting recording is available
@ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjpxiT2Egok
and summary logs are available
@ https://meetings.opendev.org/meetings/tc/2022/tc.2022-11-03-15.05.log.html

* Next TC weekly meeting will be on Nov 9 Wed at 16:00 UTC, please make note of new day/time
for TC meetings. Feel free to add the topic to the agenda[1] by Nov 8.

2. What we completed this week:
=========================
* Deprecated openstack-ansible rsyslog roles[2]
* Completed the user survey TC question updates for 2023 user survey[3]

3. Activities In progress:
==================
TC Tracker for 2023.1 cycle
---------------------------------
* Current cycle working items and their progress are present in 2023.1 tracker etherpad[4].

Open Reviews
-----------------
* Seven open reviews for ongoing activities[5].

Renovate translation SIG i18
----------------------------------
* SIG i18 user Survey questions are finalized for 2023 user survey
* rosmaita is coordinating with Weblate and as per them there shouldn't be any issue in hosting
  OpenStack translations. He will connect them with SIG i18n to work out details.

TC Weekly meeting new day and time
We agreed to shift TC weekly meeting on evry wed on 16:00 UTC. This will be effective
from next week (next meeting is on Nov 9, 16:00 UTC)[6].

TC Video meeting discussion
----------------------------------
Even though we discussed it many times in past and TC explained about having a monthly Video
call and rest three week as IRC meeting, this came up again in yesterday meeting. We discussed both
pros and cons of monthly video call but did not conclude anything. JayF is proposed the resolution to
discuss it further if we want to continue on this monthly Video call or not[7].

TC chair nomination & election process
We are formalizing the process of TC chair nomination process. Two options are up for
the review[8][9].

Fixing Zuul config error
----------------------------
We are tracking this in one of the item in TC tracker, please refer there for the progress[10].

Project updates
-------------------
* Add zookeeper role under OpenStack-Ansible governance[11]
* Add Skyline repository for OpenStack-Ansible[12]

4. How to contact the TC:
====================
If you would like to discuss or give feedback to TC, you can reach out to us in multiple ways:

1. Email: you can send the email with tag [tc] on openstack-discuss ML[13].
2. Weekly meeting: The Technical Committee conduct a weekly meeting every Thursday 15:00 UTC [14]
3. Ping us using 'tc-members' nickname on #openstack-tc IRC channel.

See you all next week in PTG!

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/TechnicalCommittee#Next_Meeting
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/863076
[3] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/tc-2023-user-survey-questions