[sdk][stable][requirements][gate] openstacksdk-functional-devstack is broken in stable/ussuri branch

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Tue May 31 01:28:01 UTC 2022

 ---- On Mon, 30 May 2022 19:13:27 -0500 Ghanshyam Mann <gmann at ghanshyammann.com> wrote ----
 > Hello Everyone,
 >
 > With the recent update in 'coverage' constraints to 6.4[1], openstacksdk-functional-devstack is
 > broken in stable/ussuri branch. openstacksdk-functional-devstack running on stable branches
 > use the master SDK and master constraints and in stable/ussuri this job runs on bionic/py3.6
 > and now fail for 'coverage' 6.4 version conflict.
 >
 > - https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/build/3d3c21d804ec498e957c1c64470c991b/log/job-output.txt#43332
 > - https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2010057
 >
 > As we know requirements generate constraints for py3.8|9 so if we want this job to run with master
 > constraints then it needs to run on compatible python and distro. This is why I am proposing to
 > run this job on focal
 >
 > - https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/openstacksdk/+/843968

It did not work as stable/ussuri devstack does not support the ubuntu focal. I am pinning this job
to use stable/ussuri openstacksdk and constraints. I know that is what we wanted to
test openstacksdk against stable branches but please propose other ideas if you have.

- https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/openstacksdk/+/843978

-gmann