[sdk][stable][gate] openstacksdk-functional-devstack is broken in stable/ussuri branch

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Tue May 31 00:13:27 UTC 2022

Hello Everyone,

With the recent update in 'coverage' constraints to 6.4[1], openstacksdk-functional-devstack is
broken in stable/ussuri branch. openstacksdk-functional-devstack running on stable branches
use the master SDK and master constraints and in stable/ussuri this job runs on bionic/py3.6
and now fail for 'coverage' 6.4 version conflict.

- https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/build/3d3c21d804ec498e957c1c64470c991b/log/job-output.txt#43332
- https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2010057

As we know requirements generate constraints for py3.8|9 so if we want this job to run with master
constraints then it needs to run on compatible python and distro. This is why I am proposing to
run this job on focal

- https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/openstacksdk/+/843968

But clark made a good point in IRC that we should test this job with all python versions supported by
the stable branch which we can do by testing this job with stable branch constraints and see if
still, master SDK runs on those python versions and stable constraints. This is something we can
improve if SDK team agrees or have the bandwidth.

Anyways please do not recheck on stable/ussuri until this job is fixed (843968 is merged).

[1] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/requirements/+/843722/3/upper-constraints.txt#273

-gmann