[puppet][tripleo][neutron] Deprecating support for networking-ansible

Takashi Kajinami tkajinam at redhat.com
Wed May 11 03:10:57 UTC 2022

Hello

Currently puppet-neutron supports deploying networking-ansible[1].

However I noticed the project looks unmaintained.
 - No release was made since stable/victoria
 - Its job template has not been updated still points
openstack-python3-wallaby-jobs
   (likely because of no release activity)
 - setup.cfg still indicates support for Python 2 while it does not support
3.6/7/9

Although the repo got a few patches merged 6 months ago, I've not seen any
interest
in maintaining the repository.

Based on the above observations, I'd propose deprecating the support in Zed
and removing it
in the post-Zed release. TripleO also supports networking-ansible but that
will be also deprecated
and removed because the dependent implementation will be removed.
(That's why I added the tripleo tag)

If you have any concerns then please let me know. If we don't hear any
concerns in a few
weeks then I'll propose the deprecation.

I'm adding the [neutron] tag in case anybody in the team is interested in
fixing the maintenance status.
IIUC networking-ansible is not part of the stadium but I'm not aware of any
good alternatives...

[1] https://opendev.org/x/networking-ansible

Thank you,
Takashi