[release] Independent release jobs are still using old release job templates

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Tue Mar 15 20:12:18 UTC 2022

 ---- On Tue, 15 Mar 2022 15:04:21 -0500 Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote ----
 > On 2022-03-15 12:50:06 -0500 (-0500), Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
 > [...]
 > > With all these issues should we just get rid of these
 > > release-specific templates and have this generic template
 > > 'openstack-python3-jobs' with the latest testing runtime for
 > > master code testing and when we cut the stable branch then we pin
 > > a version of this template with help of the branch variant in the
 > > template definition (no list of jobs in that template as we cannot
 > > use branch variant for template).
 > [...]
 >
 > The flip side of that coin is that every project has to switch to the
 > new jobs in master at the exact same moment, whether they're ready
 > or not, so they'll need to be prepared to set aside time to sort out
 > job failures before proceeding with their usual development.

That is a good thing right, fix the things for new python version testing before you
introduce more failure. And in the current template change by bot is also at the
start of the cycle and it usually gets merged before any other code on that master branch
merge which means no change in timing as such.

-gmann