[charms] Can we update the Python runtimes for the 'openstack-python3-charms-jobs' template?

Stephen Finucane stephenfin at redhat.com
Fri Mar 11 12:34:45 UTC 2022

Related to the "Independent release jobs are still using old release job
templates" email I just sent [1], I've proposed a change [2] that would modify
the 'openstack-python3-charms-jobs' job template so that it mimics the behaviour
of the proposed 'openstack-python3-jobs' template. That is, the 'openstack-
python3-charms-jobs' release will now be updated at the start of each new
release to test against the same runtimes proposed for this new release.
However, frickler has noted that the use of older runtimes for the charms jobs
may in fact be intentional. Could someone from the charms team please weigh in
on [2]. If this is in fact intentional, it would be good to add a note to the
job template indicating this fact to prevent people like me breaking it in the
future :)

Cheers,
Stephen

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2022-March/027676.html