[cinder] cinder backup benji driver.

Jesper Schmitz Mouridsen jesper at schmitz.computer
Mon Jun 20 21:17:24 UTC 2022

Hi,
I have been looking into using benji-backup[1] in a cinder-backup driver[2].

I have not tested it thoroughly enough yet, but both in devstack and in
a multinode setup.(focal victoria).

On devstack I get a newer sqlalchemy that satisfies Benji's requirements
list. I have not found issues with downgrading Benji to use an earlier
version of sqlalchemy found in canonical focal repos. But that also
needs some testing. I asked the author of Benji why he chose a version
as high as he did.

So just a little info about this work. Any comments on the idea?

Thanks.
Jesper Schmitz Mouridsen.

[1] https://benji-backup.me/
[2] https://github.com/jsm222/cinder-backup-benji-driver