[horizon][plugins] Horizon angular based plugins are broken after migrating to angularjs 1.8.2.2

vishal manchanda manchandavishal143 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 03:50:27 UTC 2022

Hello everyone,

Horizon team recently migrated XStatic-Angular 1.5.8.0->1.8.2.2 [1] and
after that many horizon angular based plugins start failing [2]. We already
fixed these issues in horizon [3]. So I guess we need to fix the similar
thing in horizon plugins.

Why did we migrated Angular 1.5.8.0->1.8.2.2?
The angularjs version is updated 1.5.8.0->1.8.2.2 to include the CVE fixed
in the latest version. Also, there is a security bug reported for the same
[4].

I have also created an etherpad to track the progress for failed horizon
plugins [5].

Action items for the horizon plugins team either fixed their plugins or
review/merge the patch pushed by horizon team members on priority basis to
fix the gate.

The npm jobs are failing in below horizon plugins :
• ironic-ui
• octavia-dashboard
• senlin-dashboard
• designate-dashboard
• vitrage-dashboard
• murano-dashboard
• zaqar-ui
• zun-ui
• magnum-ui

In case of any queries, please feel free to reach out to Horizon channel
#openstack-horizon.

Thanks & Regards,
Vishal Manchanda(irc: vishalmanchanda)
[1] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/requirements/+/844099