[sdk] openstacksdk 0.99.0 breaks swift object header setting

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Thu Jun 2 20:52:27 UTC 2022

On Thu, Jun 2, 2022, at 12:54 PM, Artem Goncharov wrote:
> Thanks Jeremy, will try to analyze the trace.
>
> This is not too extensive, but better then silent pin without
> possibility to even notice that.
>
> I see that there are generally not enough deep tests for Openstack
> driver in Zuul since mostly issues appear in Prod.  I will to try to
> invest some time there.

We do functional testing against a devstack cloud. Unfortunately, as previously mentioned every cloud is just sufficiently unique that there are always corner cases that devstack can't catch. In general what we are able to test is that we can upload an image to devstack then boot that image and ssh into it. But then different clouds support different image upload methods and networking and even hypervisors. We do our best but once you get to the variety of clouds in the wild there is a lot more opportunity to find bad assumptions.