[dev][requirements][tripleo] Return of the revenge of lockfile strikes back part II

Cédric Jeanneret cjeanner at redhat.com
Mon Jul 18 12:19:34 UTC 2022

On 7/16/22 03:52, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2022-07-09 13:26:36 +0000 (+0000), Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> [...]
>> Apparently, ansible-runner currently depends[3] on python-daemon,
>> which still has a dependency on lockfile[4]. Our uses of
>> ansible-runner seem to be pretty much limited to TripleO
>> repositories (hence tagging them in the subject), so it's possible
>> they could find an alternative to it and solve this dilemma.
>> Optionally, we could try to help the ansible-runner or python-daemon
>> maintainers with new implementations of the problem dependencies as
>> a way out.
> [...]
>
> In the meantime, how does everyone feel about us going ahead and
> removing the "openstackci" account from the maintainers list for
> lockfile on PyPI? We haven't depended on it directly since 2015, and
> it didn't come back into our indirect dependency set until 2018
> (presumably that's when TripleO started using ansible-runner?). The
> odds that we'll need to fix anything in it in the future are pretty
> small at this point, and if we do we're better off putting that
> effort into helping the ansible-runner or python-daemon maintainers
> move off of it instead.

That's a question for TripleO PTL - he's on holidays until next week (he
was out also last week). It would be good to get his thoughts before
doing anything, if it's possible.

On my side, I don't really see any strong objection, but I may as well
miss something important.

Cheers,

C.

--
Cédric Jeanneret (He/Him/His)
Sr. Software Engineer - OpenStack Platform