[dev][requirements][tripleo] Return of the revenge of lockfile strikes back part II

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sat Jul 16 01:52:10 UTC 2022

On 2022-07-09 13:26:36 +0000 (+0000), Jeremy Stanley wrote:
[...]
> Apparently, ansible-runner currently depends[3] on python-daemon,
> which still has a dependency on lockfile[4]. Our uses of
> ansible-runner seem to be pretty much limited to TripleO
> repositories (hence tagging them in the subject), so it's possible
> they could find an alternative to it and solve this dilemma.
> Optionally, we could try to help the ansible-runner or python-daemon
> maintainers with new implementations of the problem dependencies as
> a way out.
[...]

In the meantime, how does everyone feel about us going ahead and
removing the "openstackci" account from the maintainers list for
lockfile on PyPI? We haven't depended on it directly since 2015, and
it didn't come back into our indirect dependency set until 2018
(presumably that's when TripleO started using ansible-runner?). The
odds that we'll need to fix anything in it in the future are pretty
small at this point, and if we do we're better off putting that
effort into helping the ansible-runner or python-daemon maintainers
move off of it instead.
--
Jeremy Stanley