[all] Debian unstable has Python 3.11: please help support it.

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Jul 15 12:01:39 UTC 2022

On 2022-07-15 12:05:31 +0200 (+0200), Thomas Goirand wrote:
[...]
> All what I'm asking, is that when Python RC releases are out, and
> I report a bug, the community has the intention to fix it as early
> as possible, at least in master (and maybe help with backports if
> it's very tricky: I can manage trivial backporting by myself).
> That's enough for me, really (at least it has been enough in the
> past...).
[...]

I don't think fixes have been refused in the past simply because
they address a problem observed with a newer Python interpreter than
we test on. Just be aware that when it comes to pre-merge testing of
proposed changes for OpenStack, the time to decide what platforms
and interpreter versions we'll test with is at the end of the
previous cycle. For Zed that's Python 3.8 and 3.9, though projects
are encouraged to also try 3.10 if they can (we got the ability to
test that partway into the development cycle). We have to set these
expectations before we begin work on a new version of OpenStack, so
that we don't change our testing goals for developers while they're
in the middle of trying to write the software.
--
Jeremy Stanley