[all] Debian unstable has Python 3.11: please help support it.

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Thu Jul 14 13:38:34 UTC 2022

Hi everyone!

I know the usual answer: "we don't do that", or "this is unsupported in
current version", however, as always, that's the way things are:
OpenStack isn't alone living in Debian, and Debian Unstable now has
Python 3.11, which isn't going to change simply because the OpenStack
community decides that "it's not supported".

So it'd be nice if we could support it. I'm quite sure that, as usual,
the upload of a new Python interpreter version will break my world. I'll
try to summit patches when I can, but I also expect help if possible.

The challenge is: Debian Bookworm will be shipping Zed and Python 3.11,
most likely...

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)