[OpenStack-Ansible][Neutron] Guide for Openstack installation with HA, OVN ?

Dave Hall kdhall at binghamton.edu
Wed Jul 13 12:55:07 UTC 2022

Hello.

I would like to extend Park's question with a specific question of my own
that could be used as an example the 'first time deployer'  experience.

 My question is about Neutron deployment as it is specified in the various
openstack_user_config.yml examples.

openstack_user_config.yml.prod.example declares network-infra_hosts and
network-agent_hosts, whereas openstack_user_config.yml.singlebond.example
only declares network_hosts.

For the novice trying to choose which example file to customize for our
deployment, the following concerns arise:

   - If I use network_hosts, does that deploy both the infra and the agent
   on each network_host?
   - If I use network-infra_hosts and network-agent_hosts, but give both
   the same set of host names/IPs, will it deploy correctly and produce a
   working Neutron service?
   - If I successfully deploy a smaller cluster using network_hosts, and
   then grow my cluster, what criteria indicate the point at which I need to
   switch to infra_hosts and agent_hosts, and how many of each should I deploy?

In reading through the Neutron documentation, I see some 'what' and some
'how', but very little 'why'.    Perhaps a section titled 'Practical
Deployment Considerations'?

At this point I just want to know how to make Neutron deployment work right
and how to be able to tell, after deployment, that it is working right.

Thanks.

-Dave

--
Dave Hall