[all] PyCharm Licenses Renewed till July 2021

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Wed Jul 13 11:48:23 UTC 2022

On Wed, 2022-07-13 at 11:04 +0200, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Daniel Mellado wrote:
> > Well... they expired... Is this a matter of just contacting JetBrains? I
> > assume coolsvap won't be able to do this any longer, but IMHO this may
> > just be handled by someone from the foundation/TC.
> >
> > mnaser maybe? xD
> >
> > CC'ing you just in case you'd like to step up, otherwise I'll try
> > contacting JetBrains on my own ;)
>
> I'd recommend that someone relying on JetBrains handles the
> relationship. This is why Swapnil was handling it before :)
i belive you can still use the comunity edition by the way without a liceince for opensouce
or personal work and im not sure it the current lience is jut for future updates or if you can
only use the softwhere during the licene periord. if its just for future updates you can continue
to use it while you reach out to to JetBrains.

i have used inteliJ and pycharm form time to time.
but normally use emacs/nano but on rare ocations having a full fledge IDE has been handy for debuging
but in general my experice is eventlet tends to break it out side of simple unit tests but the gevent compat option can help.

thierry maybe the foundation could help get opendev added to  https://www.jetbrains.com/community/opensource/#partner
but in general its proably better for existing users to reach out to opensource at jetbrains.com