[Openstack-Ansible] br-vlan configuration and intended usage?

Dave Hall kdhall at binghamton.edu
Mon Jul 11 16:52:51 UTC 2022

OK.  I think for my plan I would have students (as tennants) access their
private subnets via an IP address on the native VLAN on my switch -
probably via some 10.x.x.x IP address.  I'm using a bonded 10G NIC with
bridges on VLANs for mgmt, storage, and vxlan.  It sounds like I should set
up a bridge on the native VLAN for br-vlan, right?

My apologies, but I'll admit that I haven't quite comprehended the nuances
of OpenStack networking yet, especially regarding external access.  I'm
sure it will soon be as obvious to me as it is to all of you.

(I'll also admit to a fear of having an error in my initial configuration
that ends up being hard to correct.  But, hey, Ansible.  Right?)

-Dave

--
Dave Hall
Binghamton University