[all][tc] What's happening in Technical Committee: summary 08 July 2022: Reading: 5 min

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Fri Jul 8 19:22:16 UTC 2022

Hello Everyone,

Here is this week's summary of the Technical Committee activities.

1. TC Meetings:
============

* We had this week's meeting on 07 July. Most of the meeting discussions are
summarized in this email. As it was video meeting, full recording is available
@https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeJG6Mujalo&t=29s and brief logs are available
@https://meetings.opendev.org/meetings/tc/2022/tc.2022-07-07-15.00.log.html

* Next TC weekly meeting will be on 14 July Thursday at 15:00 UTC, feel free to
add the topic on the agenda[1] by 13 July.

2. What we completed this week:
=========================
* Nothing specific in this week.

3. Activities In progress:
==================
TC Tracker for Zed cycle
------------------------------
* Zed tracker etherpad includes the TC working items[2], Two are completed and
others items are in-progress.

Open Reviews
-----------------
* Three open reviews for ongoing activities[3].

CentOS-stream-9 testing stability and collaboration with centos-stream maintainers
We discussed this topic in the TC meeting and I summarized the discussion in separate
ML[4].

Create the Environmental Sustainability SIG
Not much update on this except what we discussed last time, feel free to add your feedback
in review[5].

Consistent and Secure Default RBAC
We have a good amount of discussion and review in the goal document updates[6] and
I have updated the patch by resolving the review comments.

2021 User Survey TC Question Analysis
No update on this. The survey summary is up for review[7]. Feel free to check and
provide feedback.

Zed cycle Leaderless projects
----------------------------------
No updates on this. Only Adjutant project is leaderless/maintainer-less. We will check Adjutant's
the situation again on ML and hope Braden will be ready with their company side permission[8].

Fixing Zuul config error
----------------------------
Requesting projects with zuul config error to look into those and fix them which should
not take much time[9][10].

Project updates
-------------------
* None

4. How to contact the TC:
====================
If you would like to discuss or give feedback to TC, you can reach out to us in multiple ways:

1. Email: you can send the email with tag [tc] on openstack-discuss ML[11].
2. Weekly meeting: The Technical Committee conduct a weekly meeting every Thursday 15 UTC [12]
3. Ping us using 'tc-members' nickname on #openstack-tc IRC channel.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/TechnicalCommittee#Next_Meeting
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/847413
[3] https://review.opendev.org/q/projects:openstack/governance+status:open
[4] https://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2022-July/029468.html