[cinder] Re: QoS Cinder, Zed Release

Gorka Eguileor geguileo at redhat.com
Tue Jul 5 11:27:13 UTC 2022

On 05/07, Sergey Drozdov wrote:
> To whom it may concern,
>
> I am helping a colleague of mine with the following pieces of work: 820027 (https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder/+/820027 <https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder/+/820027>), 820030 (https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder-specs/+/820030 <https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder-specs/+/820030>). I was wondering whether it is not too late to include the aforementioned within the Zed release? Is there anyone who can advise on this matter?
>
> Best Regards,
> Sergey

Hi Sergey,

Cinder is in spec freeze, and the spec freeze exception request period
ended last Friday, though I personally don't see much problem in merging
this particular spec later, since I don't even think a spec is really
necessary here since it's just implementing a standard feature, but
that's just my opinion.

I have reviewed both spec and patch and added some comments.

Cheers,
Gorka.