[nova][requirements] fasteners===0.16.3 held back by nova

Balazs Gibizer balazs.gibizer at est.tech
Mon Jan 10 12:27:36 UTC 2022

On Thu, Jan 6 2022 at 09:53:06 AM -0800, melanie witt
<melwittt at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu Jan 06 2022 08:41:13 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time), Matthew
> Thode <mthode at mthode.org> wrote:
>> Re: [nova][requirements] fasteners===0.16.3 held back by nova
>> From:
>> Matthew Thode <mthode at mthode.org>
>> Date:
>> 1/6/22, 08:41
>>
>> To:
>> Ben Nemec <openstack at nemebean.com>
>> CC:
>> openstack-discuss at lists.openstack.org
>>

>> That seems right, I seem to remember eventlet in there.
>>
>> -- Matthew Thode On 22-01-06 10:17:56, Ben Nemec wrote:
>>> Is it still this:https://github.com/harlowja/fasteners/issues/36  ?
>>>
>>> I did some investigation about a year ago with one of the fasteners
>>> maintainers, but we never really came up with a definite answer as
>>> to what
>>> is going on. :-/

> I worked on the fasteners thing for Too Long of a Time last October
> and found what is happening. It is indeed the same issue from 2019
> [1] and I explain the problem (it's long) in a new eventlet issue I
> opened [2].
>
> I proposed a patch to "fix" the problem in nova [3], it was initially
> nacked because it has to do with eventlet, but it's the simplest,
> smallest change IMHO that will address the issue.

It was me who originally nacked PS1. I still think that PS1 is a hack,
but after the many weeks of investigation Melanie did and the
discussions in the github issues I have to accept that we have no
better option in our hands at the moment. So I'm +2 on [3].

Cheers,
gibi