[nova] iothread support with Libvirt

Eric K. Miller emiller at genesishosting.com
Thu Jan 6 06:12:33 UTC 2022

Hi,

I haven't found anything that indicates Nova supports adding iothreads
parameters to the Libvirt XML file.  I had asked various performance
related questions a couple years back, including asking if iothreads
were available, but I didn't get any response (so assumed the answer was
no).  So I'm just checking again to see if this has been a consideration
to help improve a VM's storage performance - specifically with extremely
high-speed storage in the host.

Or is there a way to add iothread-related parameters without Nova being
involved (such as modifying a template)?

Thanks!

Eric