[Tripleo] Issue in Baremetal Provisioning from Overcloud

Lokendra Rathour lokendrarathour at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 05:04:38 UTC 2022

Kudos to every1, with your valuable suggestions and feedback we were able
to deploy the baremetal successfully.
Few things we considered to make this run possible:

   - Yes, the openstack hypervisor list is showing details for the added
   Baremetal Node with the IP allocated from the pool of internalAPI.
   - That placement related error as was highlighted looks like a bug in
   Train release but it is not impacting our process.
   - inclusion of modified serviceNetMap in case of a composable network
   approach. ( as suggested by Harald)
   - Using the openstack openSource document as a primary reference . ( as
   suggest by Julia)
      -
      https://docs.openstack.org/project-deploy-guide/tripleo-docs/latest/features/baremetal_overcloud.html
      - This document focused clearly on the host-aggregate concept and
      setting baremetal flavor property to be  "true".

Thanks once again it was really helpful.

*Also can you please share some information on this query:*
*http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2022-February/027315.html*
<http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2022-February/027315.html>

Best Regards,
Lokendra