[election][nova] Sylvain to throw his hat into the Nova PTL ring again
sbauza at redhat.com
Fri Feb 11 14:55:09 UTC 2022
Hello again Nova (and Placement) fellows,
This went fast, but it's time for me to run again for the Nova PTL position,
this time for the Zen/Zombie/Zeta  release cycle, after having been the
for the Yoga cycle.
Just a quick look at this current cycle. First, it was quick but :
- we added a new way to help contributors to say they are reviewing some
- we now have a new nova-core
- we have around 25 accepted feature requests and 15 of them are already
What we had't yet time to discuss and what I'd like us to start to look are
- given some operators want to upgrade at least every year, we should try
to start seeing how to support two-cycle-older computes
- sometimes we want to do things that we'd like but that we don't have
time for. Some of them are actually simple to implement. Maybe then
we should organize back ways to share ideas to new contributors and
provide them mentoring efforts (eg. with Outreachy or any engineering
interns wanting to work on OpenStack and Nova in particular)
As you know, I'm also open to any idea. I'm not a leader, I'm just a herder.
 Pick any Z name you want given we don't know yet the result.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the openstack-discuss