[all] [oslo.messaging] Interest in collaboration on a NATS driver

Radosław Piliszek radoslaw.piliszek at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 16:33:15 UTC 2022

Hi Tobias,

Good to see RMQ alternatives appearing. A couple of questions from me.

On Mon, 29 Aug 2022 at 15:47, Tobias Urdin <tobias.urdin at binero.com> wrote:
>         • Do retries and acknowledgements in the library (since NATS does NOT persist messages like RabbitMQ could)

What do you mean? Is NATS only a router? (I have not used this technology yet.)

>         • Find or maintain a NATS python library that doesn't use async like the official one does

Why is async a bad thing? For messaging it's the right thing.

Finally, have you considered just trying out ZeroMQ?
I mean, NATS is probably an overkill for OpenStack services since the
majority of them stay static on the hosts they control (think
nova-compute, neutron agents - and these are also the pain points that
operators want to ease).
NATS seems to me to cater for a different use case.
I might be wrong because I have read only the front page but that is
the feeling I have.

Cheers,
Radek
-yoctozepto