Which deployment Method for a production cloud ?

KK CHN kkchn.in at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 09:49:11 UTC 2022

List,

I want to install   Openstack Xena version on a DELL ( R650  2 CPU and 40
cores . 2.4 TB) server machine.  Operating System preference is Debian 10.
 I want to deploy this for production use with Ceph OSDs.

There are four methods described in the URL  : Confused which to select.

https://docs.openstack.org/xena/deploy/

1. Using  Charms deployment
2. Deploy openstack using Ansible in Docker containers
3. Openstack - Ansible Deployment guide.
4.  Triple O deployment guide

Which method do I have to follow  a full fledged  production deployment ?
why ?

Going  ahead with Ansible and Docker is a  best option or not ?

Your kind guidance requested..

Thanks in advance,
Krish

ps:-

 Once Completed this installation I have to extend this as a High
available(HA)  Multi Node cloud. (multi node production cloud with 3
Controllers, 6 compute Nodes and 3 Storage nodes with Ceph OSD pools) .
Request to consider this future scalability requirement while answering my
query.