[all] Proposed Antelope cycle schedule

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Aug 11 09:09:58 UTC 2022

Előd Illés wrote:
> [...]
> Please review this as well and give us feedback which one is better.
> Also, we would like to ask Foundation and Technical Committee to decide
> between the 2 options based on the reviews.
 From a Foundation marketing perspective both solutions can work. The
only difference is where a PTG could happen, given religious holidays in
the early weeks of April.

If we pick the 24-week option[1], we keep the option to hold a PTG the
week of March 27.

If we pick the 25-week option[2], if we wanted to do a PTG within the
first weeks of the cycle, our only option would be to hold the PTG on
the same week as release week.

So... small preference for the 24-week option as people are generally
more available to participate in release announcements if PTG week is
not happening at the same time, so it gives us more flexibility.

That said, the TC should ultimately pick between the two options, as
there may be other factors playing in.

[1]
https://storage.gra.cloud.ovh.net/v1/AUTH_dcaab5e32b234d56b626f72581e3644c/zuul_opendev_logs_dd6/852741/1/check/openstack-tox-docs/dd6af3f/docs/antelope/schedule.html

[2]