[all] Automatic update of Python jobs in Zuul project configuration

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Mon Aug 8 14:15:23 UTC 2022

 ---- On Mon, 08 Aug 2022 18:37:32 +0530  Jeremy Stanley  wrote ---
 > On 2022-08-08 14:50:30 +0200 (+0200), Pierre Riteau wrote:
 > [...]
 > > two out of four blazar repositories (blazar-nova and
 > > python-blazarclient) have not received the automatic patch. If
 > > it's not clear why, I will raise it at the next cycle if it
 > > happens again and we can look at logs.
 > [...]
 >
 > Agreed, we're discussing it currently in #openstack-release to see
 > if we can understand what happened. Normally those changes are
 > auto-proposed during branch creation, so those projects should have
 > received proposals the moment the release requests to create
 > stable/yoga branches in them merged. There is no indication those
 > changes ever got proposed, and it's been too long now for us to
 > still have CI logs from that timeframe, so we're having to do a bit
 > of theorizing.
 >
 > In contrast, I can see that python-blazarclient got a similar change
 > proposed to move to the yoga template when stable/xena was created,
 > so that would seem to point to being a more recent issue.

There were other cases also where template update have been missed or
not corrct (for example independent release repo). That is why in Zed PTG,
we agreed to remove these release specific template and auto generated
patches to update the template name. From this cycle onwards, we will
be doing these python version change in generic template at single place
and do not need to update the python testing template name in every release.

-gmann