[all][tc] What's happening in Technical Committee: summary 2022 Aug 5: Reading: 5 min

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Fri Aug 5 19:14:04 UTC 2022

Hello Everyone,

Here is this week's summary of the Technical Committee activities.

1. TC Meetings:
============

* We had this week's meeting on Aug 4. Most of the topics I am summarizing in this
email. This was a video call and recordings are available
@https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CFrDKJsnEY

* Next TC weekly meeting will be on Aug 11 Thursday at 15:00 UTC, feel free to
add the topic on the agenda[1] by Aug 10.

2. What we completed this week:
=========================
*  Added charmed k8s operators to OpenStack Charms[2]

3. Activities In progress:
==================
TC Tracker for Zed cycle
------------------------------
* Zed tracker etherpad includes the TC working items[3], Two are completed and
others items are in-progress.

Open Reviews
-----------------
* Three open reviews for ongoing activities[4].

2023.1 cycle Technical Election (TC + PTL) planning
As we are in the R-9 week, its time to plan for the 2023.1 cycle
election. As first step, we have volunteer to help executing this election.
In TC meeting, Amy, Knikolla, and Slaweq volunteer to help and Ian might
be available any ways. If you would like to get involved in the elections help,
please let us know in #openstack-tc IRC channel.

2023.1 cycle TC PTG planning
------------------------------------
In TC meeting, we were gathering the data on who all will be traveling to
in-person PTG or we should consider virtual PTG. But as you might have
seen the announcement today, coming PTG will be 100% virtual[5].

2021 User Survey TC Question Analysis
No update on this. The survey summary is up for review[6]. Feel free to check and
provide feedback.

Zed cycle Leaderless projects
----------------------------------
Dale Smith volunteer to be PTL for Adjutant project [7]

Fixing Zuul config error
----------------------------
Requesting projects with zuul config error to look into those and fix them which should
not take much time[8][9].

Project updates
-------------------
* Retire openstack-helm-addons[10]

4. How to contact the TC:
====================
If you would like to discuss or give feedback to TC, you can reach out to us in multiple ways:

1. Email: you can send the email with tag [tc] on openstack-discuss ML[11].
2. Weekly meeting: The Technical Committee conduct a weekly meeting every Thursday 15 UTC [12]
3. Ping us using 'tc-members' nickname on #openstack-tc IRC channel.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/TechnicalCommittee#Next_Meeting
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/849997
[3] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/tc-zed-tracker
[4] https://review.opendev.org/q/projects:openstack/governance+status:open