[all][tc] Change OpenStack release naming policy proposal

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Apr 29 21:39:13 UTC 2022

On 2022-04-29 21:39:18 +0200 (+0200), Cedric Lemarchand wrote:
> Maybe a best of breed approach would be to have both, like Ubuntu
> releases. It does not solve the time consuming and others issues
> regarding naming choices but I see it as a good consensual
> solution at this time.

That's essentially the status quo. The currently approved (and
recently revised) process says we have both a release name and
year-based version number:

https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/release-naming.html

The proposal under discussion now is to drop the name, so only the
number remains:

https://review.opendev.org/839897

--
Jeremy Stanley