[all][qa] Dropping centos-8-stream support and testing

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Tue Apr 26 23:43:57 UTC 2022

 ---- On Tue, 26 Apr 2022 18:24:49 -0500 Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote ----
 > On 2022-04-26 17:46:14 -0500 (-0500), Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
 > > As you know, in zed cycle we are targeting centos-9-stream in
 > > testing runtime[1] and dropping the py3.6 support.
 > [...]
 >
 > Just a reminder, RHEL 9 is still only in beta and I've seen no
 > indication it will necessarily be released by September, so there's
 > every chance Zed will not be usable on RHEL at release. I know that
 > came up as a reason to keep 3.6 testing the last time we tried to
 > remove it (for Yoga), so figure it's worth pointing out again.

Yes, that is a separate discussion and we already discussed it a lot about
dropping py3.6 in Yoga cycle. We said that time that we would remove the
support in Zed cycle and so does testing runtime is defined and updated
on ML also. I did not see any objection to that at least during these two months
we dropped the testing.

This discussion is if we want to continue test the centos-8-stream even we dropped
the py3.6 support which can be done with python 3.8.

-gmann