[all][qa] Dropping centos-8-stream support and testing

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Tue Apr 26 22:46:14 UTC 2022

Hello Everyone,

As you know, in zed cycle we are targeting centos-9-stream in testing runtime[1] and
dropping the py3.6 support. By dropping the py3.6 support means stop testing the py3.6
and require "python_requires = >=3.8" , For example nova
 - https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/5f5551448dcfcde26095963e223f973b90e6f637/setup.cfg#L13

With that centos-8-stream jobs are failing 100% and in qa meeting we decided to drop the
support in devstack[2]. Dropping support in devstack means:
1. we will stop testing it[3]
2. Drop support from stack.sh. By disabling centos-8-stream from the supported_distro by default[4]
in stack.sh (you can enable it by running with force flag).

1st is done and patch to remove the centos-8-stream job is merged (along with in Tempest and nova). For 2nd
one we will wait for 1 more week and will discuss to do in next QA meeting.

Please start removing or replacing the c8s jobs with c9s in your projects. You can keep gerrit topic 'drop-c8s-testing'
to know the overall status.

[1] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/runtimes/zed.html
[2] https://meetings.opendev.org/meetings/qa/2022/qa.2022-04-26-15.00.log.html#l-96
[3] https://review.opendev.org/q/topic:drop-c8s-testing