[all] Resend New CFN(Computing Force Network) SIG Proposal

niujie niujie at chinamobile.com
Tue Apr 26 04:21:32 UTC 2022

Hi Ghanshyam,

Thanks for forwarding the proposal.

Yes, we will figure out exact changes(requirements) based on the exact use case and OpenStack component scope by further discussion.
As for the application migration, currently we don’t have plan for new project of tooling, we could probably start with tool(based on the discussion), but the ultimate goal is beyond just tooling, the vision of CFN is to achieve ecosystem for development, any application developed on this infrastructure could be migrated to any heterogeneous platforms. This may include build compiling platform on heterogeneous infrastructure, draft standardization for low-level code development, etc.

You are right about CFN will not just bring changes to the OpenStack existing components, but also brings potential new source code components, we don't have such list/proposal for new component right now, that's why we would like to raise the CFN topic here, and based on the discussion with global wisdoms, we will figure out the next step.

It is a good idea to start with a SIG, we can firstly start discussion here, and maybe re-evaluate as it goes.

We have a brief CFN introduction slide, and shall I add a topic in TC weekly meeting agenda?

Thanks
Jie Niu