[tacker] Zed PTG summary

Yasufumi Ogawa yasufum.o at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 12:40:36 UTC 2022

Hi,

Thank you for joining the PTG. Here is a summary of Zed PTG of Tacker.
We discussed 17 proposals through three days and agreed to whole topics.
The details of proposals are on the PTG's etherpad [1].

- heat-translator maintenance
   - Ayumu Ueha proposed himself as a core of heat-translator from
Tacker team and approved by the team.

- Enhance security of APIs from Tacker for validating the certificate of
a destination server.

- Enhancement of Tacker-horizon Dashboard for enabling some Day2
operations (might include a part of Day0/1 operations), such as manual
heal, modify VNF, change the configuration of VNFM, etc, and monitoring
through GUI This blueprint proposes to extend the tacker-horizon
dashboard with some new interfaces and functionalities.

- Support VNF using Hardware Acceleration such as GPU, FPGA, ASIC.

- Remove restrictions of using Helm Chart.

- v1 API Refactoring in order to maintain and extend Tacker
continuously, it's important to improve the maintainability of the v1 API.

- CLI support for paging query results to improve usability of the cli tool.
   - We still need to discuss how we provide the pagination of the results.

- Support multi artifact of ansible driver. It's already to be under
reviewing.
   https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/tacker/+/836107

- Enhance Multi tenant policy in LCM for enhancing of the multi-tenant
policy in the VNF lifecycle management. It enables a non-admin role user
to instantiate VNF, and defines tenancy isolation between admin and the
non-admin role users.

- Enhancement of CNF operations for k8s usecases.
   -  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tacker/+spec/database synchronization
   -  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tacker/+spec/enhance-cnf-lcm
   -
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tacker/+spec/enhancement-container-update
   - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tacker/+spec/suport-openid-k8s-vim
   -
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tacker/+spec/support-instantiationlevel-cnf

- Support of automatic operations
   - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tacker/+spec/support-auto-lcm
   - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tacker/+spec/support-autoheal-queue

- Improve V2 code's UT Coverage and refactoring Tacker from caishuwen.

- Enhance VNF Update functionality.
   - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tacker/+spec/enhance-change-package
   -
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tacker/+spec/individual-vnfc-management

- Support HA-cluster for high availability is an important requirement
to apply Tacker to commercial systems. HA cluster such as ACT-SBY or
N-ACT will be supported.

- Enhance vnflcm API (hirofumi-noguchi)
   - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tacker/+spec/enhance-placement
   -
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tacker/+spec/enhance-utils-extmanagedvl
   - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tacker/+spec/multi-version-vnfd
   - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tacker/+spec/sol004-package-management
   -
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tacker/+spec/vim-management-reorganization
   - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tacker/+spec/abolish-default-vim

- Tacker's new requirements for commercial systems (hirofumi-noguchi)
   - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tacker/+spec/enhance-system-management
   - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tacker/+spec/command-conflict-handling
   -
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tacker/+spec/system-performance-management