[CloudKitty] April 2022 - PTG Summary

Rafael Weingärtner rafaelweingartner at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 20:00:00 UTC 2022

Hello, CloudKitty community,

Below is my summary of the CloudKitty session during the PTG meeting in
April. More details registered can be found at [1].

   - CloudKitty Yoga release: we started a discussion reviewing the Yoga
   release, where we had major interesting new features introduced, such as
   the reprocessing API, V2 API for the already existing V1 endpoints, and so
   on. Moreover, we reviewed the reviewing process of patches, and it seems to
   be working nicely for everybody and producing results for CloudKitty;
   therefore, we will maintain it.
   - Create scope API: there is no blueprint yet, but this is one of the
   requests we got. The idea is that one can create the scope (project) in
   CloudKitty before it is discovered by CloudKitty. Therefore, one could mark
   test/ignored projects for the rating before they start to be used and are
   picked up by CloudKitty.
   - ElasticSearch improvements: there are some improvements already going
   on, and Pierre's team is the one conducting it.
   - Expand the "custom_fields" in the Summary GET API to support Elastic
   search backends. As we discussed, this feature might be interesting to be
   expanded and added for other backends such as ElasticSearch. However, we
   still need to evaluate if that would be feasible.
   - Where do we go from here?: And last, but not least, we discussed the
   future of CloudKitty and where we want to go from our current state. The
   consensus is that we need to improve the default configurations to other
   systems such as Monasca and Prometheus to facilitate for newcomers to use
   it; keep users happy; continue innovating and improving CloudKitty. And, as
   the next step for that, we will propose a Forum panel for CloudKitty at the
   OpenStack summit to see if we can help people's onboarding and to have a
   broader discussion regarding the next big developments we will be doing in
   CloudKitty.

Those are the main topics we covered during the PTG. If I forgot something,
please let me know. Now, we just gotta work to keep evolving this awesome
billing stack :)

Link for the PTG Etherpad: [1]

[1] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/cloudkitty-ptg-zed

--