[all][infra] Mailing lists are back in service again

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Sep 13 00:51:05 UTC 2021

Over the course of the past day, the OpenDev sysadmins performed a
series of operating system upgrades for the server hosting the
lists.airshipit.org, lists.opendev.org, lists.openstack.org,
lists.starlingx.io, and lists.zuul-ci.org sites.

Some unexpected issues arose which we did not encounter in our
earlier test upgrades, which caused the outage to run four hours
longer than anticipated. Unfortunately, the server began accepting
messages while we were still wrestling with a bug which may have
caused some queued inbound messages to be silently dropped. If you
sent a message to one of the mailing lists on these sites on
September 12 between 15:00 and 00:00 UTC and don't see it appear in
the list archive, it was likely lost and you should send another
copy.

All mailing list sites should be back in service as of now, but if
you have any questions or notice a problem we've overlooked, feel
free to reply to this message, or find us in the #opendev channel on
the OFTC IRC network.
--
Jeremy Stanley