Openstack nova live migration pain

hai wu haiwu.us at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 18:17:26 UTC 2021

Thanks a lot! I am not sure about the details on the issues hit
before, it might have something to do with certain internally
available Debian native python3 packages conflicting with the ones
from buster-train-backports. I am not sure about the current state for
our environment, maybe its db schema is already the one for Train
release. Is there any way to verify (not to change anything) that, in
order to see the current state (like issuing some sql query to see
what's in place for its db schema, and issuing some dpkg command to
see what kind of openstack related packages are currently in place ..
)? I am hoping that we might already have db schema for Train release,
and we just need to upgrade some python3 packages from
buster-train-backports .. I understand that some db schema might come
from certain packages, and if those packages are not matching the ones
from buster-train-backports, then we might have to go the db-sync path
later.

Thanks,
Hai