Introducing Hubtty, a Gertty fork for Github code reviews

Martin André m.andre at redhat.com
Fri Oct 8 16:14:55 UTC 2021

Hi all,

First off, apologies if this isn't the right forum, this has nothing to do
with OpenStack development. I'm trying to reach out to the many Gertty
users hiding here who might want a similar tool for their Github code
reviews.

I'm happy to announce the first release of Hubtty [1], a fork of Gertty
that I adapted to the Github API and workflow. It has the same look and
feel but differs in a few things I detailed in the release changelog [2].

This first version focuses on porting Gertty to Github and works reasonably
well. Myself and other intrepid developers already use it every day and I
personally find it very convenient for managing incoming PR reviews. In the
coming versions I'd like to integrate better with the Github features and
improve UX.

Try it with `pip install hubtty` and let me know what you think of it.

Note that Hubtty can't submit reviews to repositories for which the parent
organization has enabled third-party application restrictions without
explicitly allowing hubtty [3]. I'm working around the issue by using a
token generated by the `gh` app.

Martin

[1] https://github.com/hubtty/hubtty
[2] https://github.com/hubtty/hubtty/blob/v0.1/CHANGELOG.md