python_requires >= 3.8 during Yoga

Dmitry Tantsur dtantsur at redhat.com
Fri Nov 26 10:47:42 UTC 2021

Hi all,

Note that this decision will force us to stop supporting Bifrost [1] on
CentOS/RHEL completely, unless we find a workaround. While Python 3.8 and
3.9 can be installed, they lack critical modules like python3-dnf or
python3-firewalld, which cannot be pip-installed (sigh).

A similar problem in Metal3: we use python3-mod_wsgi, but I guess we can
switch to something else in this case.

Dmitry

[1] An upstream installation service for Ironic based on Ansible

--
Red Hat GmbH, https://de.redhat.com/ , Registered seat: Grasbrunn,
Managing Directors: Charles Cachera, Brian Klemm, Laurie Krebs, Michael