python_requires >= 3.8 during Yoga

Dmitry Tantsur dtantsur at redhat.com
Mon Nov 29 11:28:47 UTC 2021

On Mon, Nov 29, 2021 at 12:26 PM Sean Mooney <smooney at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2021-11-26 at 17:45 +0100, Dmitry Tantsur wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 26, 2021 at 5:26 PM Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > > On 2021-11-26 16:05:15 +0000 (+0000), Lee Yarwood wrote:
> > > [...]
> stream
> the

> the
> > >
> > > Somehow we manage to get by with testing only one Ubuntu version per
> > > OpenStack release.
> > >

> > I'm quite sure there is always an overlap, otherwise grenade would not
> work.
> in the case fo centso the overlap is py39.
> centos 9 will have py39+ and there was nonvoting support for py 39 for a
> few release
> at this point so yoga,xena and even wallaby should be fucntional with py39.

I don't think grenade switches Python mid-upgrade.

And as I explain somewhere else in this thread, the non-default Pythons in
CentOS 8 are pretty rudimental and don't work for us (neither Bifrost nor
Metal3).

Dmitry

--
Red Hat GmbH, https://de.redhat.com/ , Registered seat: Grasbrunn,
Managing Directors: Charles Cachera, Brian Klemm, Laurie Krebs, Michael