[all][tc] What's happening in Technical Committee: summary 19th Nov, 21: Reading: 10 min

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Fri Nov 19 21:23:20 UTC 2021

Hello Everyone,

Here is this week's summary of the Technical Committee activities.

1. TC Meetings:
============
* We cancelled this week's meeting due to Open Infra Keynotes at the same time.

* Next week's meeting is on IRC on 25th Nov, Thursday 15:00 UTC, feel free the topic on
 the agenda[1] by Nov 24th.

2. What we completed this week:
=========================
* Updated Yoga testing runtime [2]
* Retire puppet-senlin[3]
* Removed TC office hours in favour of weekly meetings [4]

3. Activities In progress:
==================
TC Tracker for Yoga cycle
------------------------------
* This etherpad includes the Yoga cycle targets/working items for TC[5].

Open Reviews
-----------------
* 8 open reviews for ongoing activities[6].

Fixing Zuul config error
--------------------------
Clark sent a email tagging projects need action for zuul config error
in their projects[7]. Please fix those config error which is not causing failure
now but will fail on changes in those repo or at least is not testing what
we think they are. Few projects are fixing those but still we need to clean
it up completly.

RBAC discussion: continuing from PTG
We had another meeting on Wed and figured out the open question and schedule.
 Meeting notes are in this etherpad[8]. Final design and schedule is up in this goal
rework patch[9]. Please review that and provide feedback from your project perspective.

Community-wide goal updates
------------------------------------
* RBAC goal is pretty much in good shape now, feel free to review it[9]
* There is one more goal proposal for 'FIPS compatibility and compliance' which
needs feedback from community as well from TC[10].
* TC is working to prepare the final goal(s) soon, please wait for some more time.

Adjutant need maintainers and PTLs
We received response from Braden, Albert on ML, so let's wait on the final call
to help here[11].

New project 'Skyline' proposal
------------------------------------
* We discussed it in TC PTG, we are ok to have Skyline as official project but we have few
open queries on gerrit and still waiting from skyline team to respond[12].

TC tags analysis
-------------------
* TC agreed to remove the framework and it is communicated in ML[13].

Project updates
-------------------
* Rename ‘Extended Maintenance’ SIG to the ‘Stable Maintenance’[14]
* Retire training-labs repo[15]
* Add ProxySQL repository for OpenStack-Ansible[16]
* Retire js-openstack-lib [17]

4. How to contact the TC:
====================
If you would like to discuss or give feedback to TC, you can reach out to us in multiple ways:

1. Email: you can send the email with tag [tc] on openstack-discuss ML[18].
2. Weekly meeting: The Technical Committee conduct a weekly meeting every Thursday 15 UTC [19]
3. Ping us using 'tc-members' nickname on #openstack-tc IRC channel.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/TechnicalCommittee#Next_Meeting
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/815851
[3] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/817329
[4] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/817493