[sdk][tc] A new home for Gophercloud

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Fri Nov 19 18:55:20 UTC 2021

On Fri, Nov 19, 2021 at 1:11 PM Kendall Nelson <kennelson11 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Fair enough. Was just curious if there was some technical reason.
>
> I think it would make more sense for the SDKs to live together,
> personally, but I can also see how having it live inside OpenStack can be
> daunting for a new, external contributor.

If it was me only, Gophercloud would move to opendev right now, I can only
think about its benefits by my experience with the community and our
amazing tools / workflows.
But because I'm biased and the decision is not up to me only, I'm trying to
see if this decision would be well welcomed. So far the feedback from
non-OpenStack contributors was (in a nutshell, and roughly summarized):
"We like the Github ecosystem, don't know much about Gerrit but if this
gets too complicated I'll give up my PRs. However I agree we need to make
CI better".

So this is where we are... In an ideal world we would keep Github for
issues & PRs, and use Opendev Infra, but I understand this isn't possible.
For now, we're doing nothing except trying to stabilize our CI until we
finally make a decision whether we move or not.

I hope this email explains well enough why we haven't made any move yet.

Emilien

--
Emilien Macchi