Re: [all][refstack][neutron][kolla][ironic][heat][trove][senlin][barbican][manila] Fixing Zuul Config Errors

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Thu Nov 18 14:40:38 UTC 2021

On Thu, Nov 18, 2021, at 3:11 AM, Pavlo Shchelokovskyy wrote:
> Hi Clark,
>
> Why is the retirement of openstack/neutron-lbaas being a problem?
>
> The repo is there and accessible under the same URL, it has
> (potentially working) stable/pike and stable/queens branches, and was
> not retired at the time of Pike or Queens, so IMO it is a valid request
> for testing configuration in the same branches of other projects,
> openstack/heat in this case.
>
> Maybe we should leave some minimal zuul configs in retired projects for
> zuul to find them?

The reason for this is one of the steps for project retirement is to remove the repo from zuul [0]. If the upstream for the project has retired the project I think it is reasonable to remove it from our systems like Zuul. The project isn't retired on a per branch basis.

I do not think the Zuul operators should be responsible for keeping retired projects alive in the CI system if their maintainers have stopped maintaining them. Instead we should remove them from the CI system.

[0] https://opendev.org/openstack/project-config/commit/3832c8fafc4d4e03c306c21f37b2d39bd7c5bd2b