[kolla-ansible][wallaby][glance] Problem with image list after reconfigure

Franck VEDEL franck.vedel at univ-grenoble-alpes.fr
Wed Nov 17 07:59:05 UTC 2021

Hello everyone

I have a strange problem and I haven't found the solution yet.
Following a certificate update I had to do a "kolla-ansible -t multinode reconfigure ».
Well, after several attempts (it is not easy to use certificates with Kolla-ansible, and from my advice, not documented enough for beginners), I have my new functional certificates. Perfect ... well almost.

 I am trying to create a new instance to check general operation. ERROR.
Okay, I look in the logs and I see that Cinder is having problems creating volumes with an error that I never had ("TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable).
I dig and then I wonder if it is not the Glance images which cannot be used, while they are present (openstack image list is OK).

I create an empty volume: it works.
I am creating a volume from an image: Failed.

However, I have my list of ten images in glance.

I create a new image and create a volume with this new image: it works.
I create an instance with this new image: OK.

What is the problem ? The images present before the "reconfigure" are listed, visible in horizon for example, but unusable.
Is there a way to fix this, or do we have to reinstall them all?

Thanks in advance for your help if this problem speaks to you.

Franck VEDEL
Dép. Réseaux Informatiques & Télécoms
IUT1 - Univ GRENOBLE Alpes
0476824462