Freenode and libera.chat

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sun May 23 14:05:52 UTC 2021

On 2021-05-21 14:14:30 +0000 (+0000), Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2021-05-21 12:36:29 +0100 (+0100), Erno Kuvaja wrote:
> [...]
> > Looking at the movement over the past day, it seems like we're the
> > only hesitant party here. Rest of the communities have either
> > moved to libera.chat or OFTC. I'd strongly advise us to do the
> > same before things turn sour.
>
> OpenStack isn't the only community taking a careful and measured
> approach to the decision. Ansible deferred deciding what to do about
> their IRC channels until Wednesday of this coming week:
>
>     https://github.com/ansible-community/community-topics/issues/19

In a similar vein, I've noticed that #python, #python-dev, #pypa and
so on haven't moved off Freenode yet, though the topic in #python
suggests there's some ongoing discussion to determine whether they
should. Unfortunately it doesn't say where that's being discussed
though, maybe on the Python community mailing lists or Discourse,
however cursory searches I've performed turn up nothing.
--
Jeremy Stanley