[all][tc] What's happening in Technical Committee: summary 21th May, 21: Reading: 5 min

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Sun May 23 00:40:29 UTC 2021

Hello Everyone,

Here is last week's summary of the Technical Committee activities.

1. What we completed this week:
=========================
Project updates:
-------------------
* None for this week.

Other updates:
------------------
* None for this week.

2. TC Meetings:
============
* TC held this week meeting on Thursday; you can find the full meeting logs in the below link:
- http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/tc/2021/tc.2021-05-20-15.00.log.html

* We will have next week's meeting on May 27th, Thursday 15:00 UTC[1].

3. Activities In progress:
==================
TC Tracker for Xena cycle
------------------------------
TC is using the etherpad[2] for Xena cycle working item. We will be checking and updating
the status biweekly in the same etherpad.

Open Reviews
-----------------
* Four open reviews for ongoing activities[3].

Starting the 'Y' release naming process
* Y release naming process is started[4]. Nomination is open until June 10th feel free to propose names in below wiki
** https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Release_Naming/Y_Proposals

Replacing ATC terminology with AC (Active Contributors)
* As UC is merged into TC, this is to include the AUC into ATC so that they can be eligible for TC election voting.  We
are having a good amount of discussion on Gerrit[5], feel free to review the patch if you have any points regarding this.
* In the last TC meeting, we will write a TC resolution to map the ATC with the new term AC from Bylaws' perspective.

Retiring sushy-cli
--------------------
* Ironic project is retiring the sushy-cli[6]

Discussion on moving from Freenode
* As you know there are changes in Freenode organization/governance strategy and policies, we are having a lot
of discussion over ML on this[7][8].
* In TC, we many members think to monitor this situation and not to make any quick decision in hurry. This also needs
to decide which platform is better for the long term. Until then we will continue on Freenode.
* As Naser mentioned in the ML thread if anyone feels a very strong opinion to be discussed on priority, feel free to
add this in next week's TC meeting agenda.

4. How to contact the TC:
====================
If you would like to discuss or give feedback to TC, you can reach out to us in multiple ways:

1. Email: you can send the email with tag [tc] on openstack-discuss ML[9].
2. Weekly meeting: The Technical Committee conduct a weekly meeting every Thursday 15 UTC [10]
3. Office hours: The Technical Committee offers a weekly office hour every Tuesday at 0100 UTC [11]
4. Ping us using 'tc-members' nickname on #openstack-tc IRC channel.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/TechnicalCommittee#Next_Meeting
[2] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/tc-xena-tracker
[3] https://review.opendev.org/q/project:openstack/governance+status:open
[4] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2021-May/022383.html